Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream… Need I say more? With its rich peanut butter flavour and added chopped mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you just how decadent this baby is!
Thanks to Cuisinart.com for this great recipe. Yes, it does require an ice cream machine, though I did notice some no-churn peanut butter ice cream recipes out there if you’re desperate. Or, you might like to try this Peanut Butter Semifreddo with crunchy peanut praline – totally divine!
Nothing else to say except it’s super simple, super tasty and I can’t wait to hoe into it tonight after dinner (though I have already had a fair good sampling already!). Enjoy!
PEANUT BUTTER CUP ICE CREAM
- 1 Hand Mixer
- 1 cup good quality peanut butter (natural or regular)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch sea or kosher salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped chocolate peanut butter cup candies (about 15 miniature peanut butter cups)
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the peanut butter sugar and salt until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix on low speed until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Whisk mixture together again before pouring into the ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine, according to its instructions. Churn for approximately 40 minutes. Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the chopped candy.