As you can see from most of the other entries in this blog, I’m no health freak!
Yet, I do like to add good healthy meals in amongst the desserts, and this is one of them. A simple, ‘made in minutes’ lunch that leaves me feeling righteous. I usually add whatever is lying around – today it was finely sliced pear and chopped walnuts – yum.
The dressing is also so good, you could just about drink it. This recipe is based on one from New Zealand’s Revive Cafe.
CARROT & BEETROOT SALAD
- 2 medium beetroot
- 4 carrots
- A handful of mint leaves, chopped
- Optional additions: ½ cup sunflower seeds; ½ cup sultanas steeped in boiling water beforehand; finely sliced pear or apple; diced feta; chopped walnuts or slivered almonds
- Juice of one orange or ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey or date puree
- 4 Tbsp oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grate the carrots and beetroot (I julienned mine using a Zyliss). In a cup mix the orange dressing ingredients. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?