Seriously… this 5 ingredient Choc-Nut Milkshake is like drinking chocolate pudding!
But, unlike the saturated fats and sugar-overdose you’d expect to get from your standard chocolate milkshake, this baby delivers you antioxidants, anti-inflammatory Omega 3 fatty acids, protein, fibre, potassium and calcium. What’s more, it’s insanely delicious!
I found this wonderful recipe on my favourite website MindBodyGreen.com and got pretty excited when I established that I had all the ingredients to hand, including the frozen banana! A few minutes later I was enjoying a cold, thick, very chocolatey milkshake, complete with a hit of peanut butter. Yum!! I even loved the crunch of chia seeds, but if you prefer a smoother concoction, you could leave those out (though you’ll miss out on what they offer nutritionally).
I reckon this recipe’s pretty flexible if you’d like to add in your own favourite healthy ingredients. You could, for example, add any type of nut-butter (if it’s home-made, all the better), flavourings like cinnamon or vanilla, or a spoon of protein powder or spirulina… And, depending on how thick you prefer your milkshakes, you can adjust the amount of liquid you use accordingly. Also, it goes without saying that the health benefits increase if you use raw organic cacao powder rather than cocoa powder (as it’s less refined), and a natural, raw nut-butter as opposed to a typical commercial brand with additives.
I’m pretty confident in saying, that once you try this recipe you’ll come back to it again and again. I know I will!
HEALTHY CHOC-NUT MILKSHAKE
- 1 Blender
- 1 frozen banana (chop ripe banana into chunks then freeze)
- 3/4 cup of nut milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 tabsp natural cocoa powder (I used raw, organic cacao powder)
- 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter to taste (or use your own preferred nut-butter; I used home-made)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds (leave out if you don’t like the texture)
- Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until creamy and serve (if you like, you can pop in 2-3 ice-cubes to make it extra cold).
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?