Given this tasty and ultra healthy Green Hummus was made specifically for a St Patrick’s Day work lunch, you can see how late my post is! Yes, a week, to be exact.
But, tardiness aside, this is a wonderfully quick and easy dish to make, not just for St Patrick’s Day but for any time you want a nutritious, delicious snack.
Thanks to I Quit Sugar.com for this nice little recipe. It looks like pesto but it is indeed hummus blended with leafy greens. You can use the recipe as is, or add your own favourite ingredients – I used spinach and added some coriander paste and a dash of paprika. A tablespoon of two of Greek yoghurt’s a nice addition too. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup kale or leafy green of your choice, stalks removed
- 2 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until combined and smooth.
- Season with salt and black pepper and serve with your favourite crackers or vegetable crudites.