Who doesn’t love smoothies? They’re so gosh darn yummy and yet healthy and filling at the same time – the perfect meal.
I was drawn to this Beetroot, Apple & Berry Smoothie recipe from Nadia Lim because it included beetroot – such a power-pack of nutrients. According to Medical News Today, “Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like beetroot decreases the risk of obesity and overall mortality, diabetes, heart disease and promotes a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy, overall lower weight.” Sounds good to me! Throw in berries, a stone fruit, apple juice and honey and you’ve got a luscious ruby red miracle worker. Enjoy!
BEETROOT, APPLE & BERRY SMOOTHIE
- 1 Blender
- 1 ½ cups frozen berries
- 1 cup grated fresh beetroot
- Flesh of 1 peach or nectarine
- 1 ½ cups apple juice or water if you prefer
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- Optional: A little grated ginger root to taste
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (a more powerful blender will ensure the beetroot is well pureed).
- Pour into glasses and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?