Every once in a while I feel the need to re-balance my body (most particularly after a rich food blow-out!), and start by making up a pot of this delicious, yet healthy Creamy Chai Latte (it’s also wonderful during the winter months to warm you up).
It’s rich in healing spices – the ones I’ve included are turmeric (an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant), ginger (an antioxidant, great for intestinal issues), cinnamon (an antioxidant; also anti-clotting, anti-microbial and blood sugar stabilizer), cayenne pepper (anti-bacterial, digestive aid, promotes heart health), and star anise (anti-fungal, antioxidant, anti-bacterial). The recipe is inspired by Dr Sanjay Gupta’s Creamy Turmeric Tea (found on DoctorOz.com), however it’s very amenable to adapting, which I’ve done, adding a few extra components. Feel free to adapt for your own needs and tastes.
CREAMY CHAI LATTE
- 1 cup almond milk or your own favourite type of milk
- 1 cup purified water
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 or 2 star anise or you may prefer a couple of cardamom pods
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1-2 tsp honey or pure maple syrup or to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat. Turn down and simmer for about 5 minutes. If you’d like some latte-like froth on top (see image below), simply whisk it vigorously when you’re ready to serve.
- Strain into two cups and enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?