These Carob, Fruit & Nut Balls are super healthy little balls of bliss, great for dropping in kids’ lunch boxes or enjoying as a snack when the blood sugar levels drop.
You can, of course, include any ingredient you prefer, such as cranberries, figs, sesame or pumpkin seeds, etc. Thanks to New Zealand’s Revive Café for this recipe.
CAROB, FRUIT & NUT BALLS
- ½ cup dried dates
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup roasted cashew nuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 3 Tbsp carob powder
- ½ cup water or less
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Soak fruit in boiling water (enough to just cover it) for around 5 minutes. This is not essential, but will soften the fruit and help your food processor last longer.
- Put fruit, nuts, carob and half the water into a food processor and blend until you have a consistent paste.
- Add water as needed so you can get the balance between a mix that will blend and one that is not too soft.
- Sprinkle the coconut onto a plate.
- Spoon out ¼ cup of the mixture and divide into two so you can have eighth cup size balls. Roll each into circular balls in your hands and place in the coconut. It is best to do all the rolling together while your hands are sticky.
- Wash and dry your hands and mix the balls carefully in the coconut.
- They will harden up a little when you refrigerate them.