I love that in just a few minutes I can whip up a tasty, healthy meal for one when I’m pushed for time.
This Basil Pesto Pasta can be dressed up or down (I’ve listed some suggestions at the end of the recipe), and with the variety of good gluten-free pasta products available these days, it’s no problem to steer clear of gluten.
BASIL PESTO PASTA
- 100 g dried pasta (I used gluten-free spirals)
- ½ cup packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Shaved parmesan cheese to serve
- Sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions until tender. Drain. Return to pan.
- Meanwhile, process basil, pine nuts, garlic and parmesan, scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth (it’s nice to leave it a bit rustic).
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pesto to pasta. Toss to combine and serve immediately with shaved parmesan cheese and an extra sprinkling of sea salt and cracked pepper.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?