I love the fresh, unfussy recipes offered by Jamie Oliver. He describes this Avocado, Pancetta & Pine Nut Salad as having “crunch, creaminess and bags of flavour”. And so it has.
This recipe can be found at Jamie Oliver.com. Looking for a refreshing, tasty and healthy salad? This is one you’ll love!
AVOCADO, PANCETTA & PINE NUT SALAD
- 12 slices pancetta or bacon if you don’t have pancetta
- 50 g pine nuts
- About 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and quartered
- 4 big handfuls baby spinach, washed
- Turn stove to a medium heat and toast pine nuts until golden brown – drain on absorbent paper. In the same pan, fry pancetta slices till they’re crisp. Set aside.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Put spinach leaves onto a plate. Lay avocado, pancetta and pine nuts over top and drizzle the dressing over top. Add salt and pepper if needed.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?