I love the fresh, unfussy recipes offered by Jamie Oliver. He describes this Avocado, Pancetta & Pine Nut Salad as having “crunch, creaminess and bags of flavour”. And so it has.
This recipe can be found at Jamie Oliver.com. Looking for a refreshing, tasty and healthy salad? This is one you’ll love!
AVOCADO, PANCETTA & PINE NUT SALAD
- 12 slices pancetta or bacon if you don’t have pancetta
- 50 g pine nuts
- About 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ripe avocados, stoned, peeled and quartered
- 4 big handfuls baby spinach, washed
- Turn stove to a medium heat and toast pine nuts until golden brown – drain on absorbent paper. In the same pan, fry pancetta slices till they’re crisp. Set aside.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Taste test and adjust as needed.
- Put spinach leaves onto a plate. Lay avocado, pancetta and pine nuts over top and drizzle the dressing over top. Add salt and pepper if needed.