One of my favourite foods in the world is cheese – soft cheeses, like brie or camembert, in particular. I can down one of these babies all on my own in one sitting.
So, you can imagine that there was a very short photography session in this case with no-one else getting a look-in so far as lunch went!
Thanks to New Zealand’s Food magazine (December 2013, Issue 74) for this recipe. I usually prefer cheese without any flavourings, but the honey, chilli, thyme and pecans were a lovely addition and complemented the mild camembert beautifully.
BAKED CAMEMBERT WITH HONEY, THYME & PECANS
- 125 g whole camembert cheese
- Fresh thyme springs
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- Handful toasted pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F). Unwrap the cheese and discard the wrap. Place the camembert in the centre of a square of baking paper large enough to fold up over the sides of the cheese. Secure the baking paper in place with a piece of a string.
- Place the wrapped camembert on a baking tray. Score the top of the cheese with a small, sharp knife toprevent it from bursting. Top the camembert with the thyme sprigs and chilli flakes.
- Bake the camembert in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Place on a serving platter. Drizzle the honey over thecheese and scatter over the toasted pecans. Serve with crackers and dried or fresh fruit.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?